I have been rewarded for posting this week, with the discovery to two wonderful blogs. The first is by a sister in Birmingham, Alabama with a passion for green living. It is Life The Green Way. She does a great job of covering eco-friendly products and gift ideas and she will knock your socks of with more amazing uses of vinegar! The other is from Scotland and is called Allotment 2 Kitchen. Grab yourself a cup of tea and a pen for taking notes, because you will enjoy the colorful photos of great vegetarian delights (recipes included), gardens and nature. I personally want to try to brussel sprouts pie and the lavender brownies!
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Monday, December 27, 2010
Okay, I'm not sure if Teena Marie was a green celebrity or not, but she was an awesome, low key, soulful and warm lady. If you know me, you know that I couldn't possibly miss this opportunity to say goodbye to the Lady T, her music got me through many trying times. She will be missed. (I bet she was eco-conscious though, how could one pen a song as amazing as Portugese Love and not love this green earth?)
|(Photo compliments of Climate Lab)|
Michele Obama is the star of this video (check out her chic flower pin), which highlights the signing of the Healthy, Hungry-Free Kids Act. Allows more funding for healthier lunches, better nutritional information for parents on lunch foods, better quality ingredients, more fruits, vegetables and whole grains. local food options and will encourage school gardens. Is this really happening? It's happening - the Greening of America! Good ole common sense is ruling the day again. Perhaps now, with healthier food, our kids can move up to 24th place in academic performance among our 30 industrialized nation peers. Ya yuh!
Learn while you listen to key White House environmental officials respond to your questions about environmental justice. You can multitask and share while you listen. Also search for other interesting White House videos.
- An Awesome New Career (with a Eco-Friendly Twist) - access to capital for women and minorities
- Next Gen interest in the environment - my teen son decides to pursue environmental law as a career interest
- Sustainability is Here to Stay - takes a giant leap into the mainstream consciousness of America
- My Very Green IRA portfolio generates new green wealth
- Expansion of awareness and selection of fair trade and/or organic groceries and fashions
- Green energy and technology bring access to modern conveniences to rural African areas
- Local Food, Urban Farming, Edible Landscapes and Farmers Markets are all the rage (let's keep it that way)