Sunday, August 9, 2009

Delicious Vegan Antipasti - You Won't Miss The Cheese or Meat!


I mean it, you won't miss the cheese or meat in this outstanding vegan antipasti salad. I was tempted soooo many times while preparing this recipe to add a little mozzarella or turkey pepperoni, but I decided to stick it out and trust the original recipe. Glad I did because this vegan dish even passed the male teen taste test! I did add some marinated artichoke, roasted the asparagus and used supersize capers.The marinated and grilled tofu served as the perfect fill in for the cheese and the soy pepperoni, which I normally don't like, absorbed the flavors of the dressing. You can serve it as a main dish with some crusty bread from your local bakery or as a side salad with some pasta or as a safe to eat dish at a picnic. This salad will definitely win converts to the world of vegan eating.

Ciao!

No comments: