Saturday, December 12, 2009

Raw Oatmeal Is Raw!




On my raw days, I usually enjoy a bowl of raw oatmeal. I'm a big oatmeal lover, so I had to find a way to incorporate it into my raw food regimen. There are several raw oatmeal recipes out there. My favorite is from Ani Phyo's Raw Food Kitchen cookbook. You can find raw oat groats (think oats wrapped in a coat) at most health food stores. I can't give you the exact recipe, as I don't have the authors permission, but a basic recipe goes something like this:
1 cup oat groats soaked overnight, rinsed and drained
A handful of pitted dates or naners (bananas)
A dash of vanilla, salt and cinnamon, a large handful of your favorite nuts. Chop in a food processor until oat groats are broken up and you have a thick oatmeal texture. Top with agave (though not too much, because the dates or naners add a lot of sweetness), walnuts (tumor killers) banana slices and unsweetened almond milk. Enjoy in a big ole bowl! This recipe yields about 3 or 4 servings.
This will keep you full until lunch.


No comments: