Saturday, September 1, 2012

What makes an ethical brand (and how do we know one when we see one)?

What makes an ethical brand (and how do we know one when we see one)? 
What are your top ten ethical and sustainable brands? I look for companies that market fair trade and sustainably produced goods, companies with good track records for treatly employees equitably, companies that give back to their communities and are striving towards being ethical for reasons beyond trying to gain market share. I haven't thoroughly researched my list provided below, but based on my shopping experiences with these companies, I feel that these are brands that I trust. There are more, but I tried to have diverse categories represented.
My list (not in order):

  1. Stonyfield
  2. Ben and Jerry's
  3. Whole Foods
  4. Tom's Shoes
  5. Crate and Barrel
  6. Amy's Kitchen
  7. Eden Foods
  8. Equal Exchange
  9. Numi Tea
  10. Ten Thousand Villages (I volunteer here)

No comments: