Sunday, January 23, 2011

2010 Toyota Prius Review

2010 Toyota Prius Review Why not provide a review of th 2011 Toyota Prius? Because due to unforeseen mechanical issues with my ten year old Volvo, I am forced to enter the car market prematurely. Sigh. Of course, I have to walk the talk (or drive the talk) and seriously consider purchasing a hybrid. The fact that a magnet of a red Toyota Prius has graced a spot on my refrigerator for the past three years, is a good indication that I was leaning towards the purchase of a hybrid in the first place. Fortunately for me, the best deal so far that I have found is on a spicy tomato red 2010 Prius. I was also considering the sporty new Honda CR-Z hybrid (my son was really lobbying for this one), but passed for several reasons. The first is that as a gardener, a two seater is not going to work when I'm hauling pots of plants and bags of mulch in the spring and summer, also, the mpg and safety ratings weren't as high as those of the Prius. Lastly, I am not a fan of purchasing new cars which depreciate as soon as you drive them off of the lot. Though, I personally would have preferred to purchase a vehicle with Honda, given its efforts to address climate change. So wish me luck as I face the always pleasant (not) task of buying a car. Hopefully, I will post a photo of my new baby soon!

No comments: