Monday, March 19, 2012

Chicago: Green Jewel of the Midwest


Green Chicago: Green Restaurants Hey Black and Into Green People! I'm in the amazing city of Chicago for a few days and loving it! I'm pretty proud of myself, because I took the Megabus here for a really green and cheap transportation option.You could not ask for 60 degree weather and sunny days in March in ChiCity and expect to get, but I got it! Spending time hanging out with my wonderful son, who is just maturing so nicely into the young man that I prayed for. He just finished finals for winter quarter at DePaul U. (one of the greenest colleges in the country) and we are going to hang out for a bit. On the agenda so far (very fluid):
  • Dine at some of the restaurants on the Green Chicago list
  • Enjoy some raw food at Karyn's
  • Vintage clothing shopping (more for him as I can only get so much back on the Megabus)
  • A trip to the Field Museum of Natural History
  • Go for a run to the lake
Have you been to Chicago? What suggestions do you have for cool and green activities?

I hope you are doing something fun to enjoy spring this week.

Au revoir, mes amies!

No comments: