- Find the points of entry and the ant trails (keep notes on where you commonly see ants)
- Apply barriers to those points (vinegar and water, petroleum jelly, boric acid, crushed mint/lavender leaves, cayenne pepper, chili powder, cinnamin, cloves)
- Clean up all traces of the trail with dishwashing liquid and hot water
- Use vinegar and water in your spring cleaning
- Seal tightly or refrigerate all sweet items (honey, syrup, cereal, candy, marshmallows)
- Find the colony and deal with the queen using this solution
Okay, so I am going to try these ideas, but if they don't work......I won't break out the Raid just yet, I will try those little ant bait traps, but if that doesn't work.......
I would appreciate any tips from anyone that would prevent me from resorting to the old school (70's/80's/90's) approach to death by toxins.