Thursday, December 29, 2011

A New Twist on a New Year's Favorite: Black Eyed Pea Cabbage Rolls

I dutifully purchased some black eyed peas the other day. In most African American households, these are a must eat food for New Years. I haven't been that excited about preparing them, as I was getting pretty bored with some of the traditional recipes. Though I have successfully experimented with black eyed pea salad and fritters, I think I will try out this new recipe I found on one of my favorite vegan blogs, A Profound Hatred of Meant. Check out the blog post here. A Profound Hatred of Meat: Black Eyed Pea Cabbage Rolls: Black Eyed Peas are traditional to eat at the end of the year/beginning of the new year and they happen to be one of my favorite beans so I ...


As a follow-up to this post, read another post on what to do with all of those leftover black eyed peas, here.

No comments: