Monday, September 22, 2008

Green At Work

Just want to give you an update on my efforts to develop a sustainable workplace. A couple of weeks ago, I introduced the concept of a sustainable workplace to some senior managers at my job with the assistance of a lovely business woman that specializes in corporate social responsibility and sustainability. Surprisingly, there was quite a bit of education that needed to be done to raise awareness of the benefits of an eco-conscious workplace (save money, retain employees, improve market share, save the planet, etc.). The lunch was a success because we were given the go ahead to speak to an even more senior level exec at corporate headquarters about the benefits of going green. Of course, I won't be talking to him, but the lovely business woman, has a lovely new opportuntity. I hope she remembers me...anyway, I was particularly excited last week, because I was told by one of my lunch guests that her consciousness was raised as a result of our discussion and everywhere she looks, she is seeing green. Now I can really relate to "be the change you wish to see in the world". I will keep you posted.

No comments: