Saturday, July 11, 2009

This Week In The Garden: Lily Palooza!
















Most days, after a long stressful day at work, I decompress in the garden before heading in the house to fuss at my son about dirty dishes in the sink. My garden is a place to transition from the world imposed on me through from 9-5, to the world that I created through God's guidance, grace and powers. It is a place to seek His presence, if only by it's affiliation with creation and connection to biblical topics. So I would like to share with you the earthly delights that I stepped into this week over the next few posts.
You see in this post that I have a quite a collection of lilies. "Consider the lilies of the field, they toil not, they spin not, and yet I say unto you; that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these." Luke 12:27-28. Hello! My experience with lilies confirms this statement. Low maintenance and stunning. Also edible, though I'm too chicken to try, based things done in the garden during my pre-organic period.

1 comment:

Rue said...

LOVING your blooms Gloria!

I sense the peace you experience in that special place you have created.