Thursday, May 21, 2009

Reach New Heights as a Green Leader

This was another section of the ropes course at the Joy Outdoor Education Center. During the three day intensive leadership training, I learned the following secrets of exemplary leaders:


  • Model the Way
  • Challenge the Process
  • Inspire a Shared Vision
  • Encourage the Heart
  • Enable Others to Act

I truly enjoyed my experience, especially the video case studies, two of which feature leadership around environmental and nature based issues. Part of my challenge during the course, was to develop an inspiring vision to take back to the workplace. You know what my vision involved.....green banking. Working in the conservative world of finance, I will need to put all five leadership skills to work!


If you are interested in learning more about these skills, read the following books:


The Leadership Challenge


There is No Box (written by the facilitators of the course)


Lead on people! Let's green up this earth.









No comments: