Friday, June 12, 2009

Thirsty For Some Hot Green Reads This Summer


Ahh! It's that time of the year again. That time when you get a thirst for some great summer reading and some honey sweetened ice tea or a virgin mojito! I think it is a by-product of all of those years of summer reading lists we were assigned in high school. Anyway, this year I am looking for some great green reads, preferably fiction. I found two books today, A Walk In The Woods and The Secret Life of Bees, both reveal clues to my personal interests, the wildnerness and the lives of African American women. Funny enough, I found them in the summer assigned reading section of the bookstore. I also found this list of 22 fictional green reads, courtesy of the Weber County Library (thank you Weber County librarians, whereever you are). I am going to continue to seek out some hot eco-reads to share with you as I discover them.


Do you have any favorites to share?

No comments: