Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Uncooked

Man, I have been going crazy recently over the entire concept of uncooked food. I have in the last ten days acquired three raw cookbooks and tried numerous new recipes. Why the obsession? I'm not sure, but I think that what I'm experiencing is typical for the raw curious. My body is enjoying the lighter feeling, I crave fresh fruits, veggies and nuts, this is the ultimate eco-friendly diet and I am having a blast tinkering and uncooking in the kitchen, trying out new things. Perhaps I was bored and this is a healthy way to try something new. Better than popping bon bons! I told you about the book, "Living Raw Food", by NY restaurant owner, Sarma Melngailis, but I have discovered two new books, "Ani's Raw Food Kitchen", which I love for its dehydrator-free and simple recipes and my newest purchase, "The Raw 50", by supermodel and actress Carol Alt. The recipes in this book were too good to pass up. I will post them in the currently reading section of the blog for your convenience. I don't think I will ever go completely raw but mostly raw is definitely a possibility, especially once the teen heads off to college in two years. Anyway my enthusiasm has been contagious as three of my associates are very curious and plan to try uncooking for themselves. Try it for yourself, I bet you and your body will like it and mother earth will love it!

No comments: