Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Urban Sprouts Grows School Gardens and Much More

Urban Sprouts School Gardens: About Urban Sprouts Ecologocial education, self-sufficiency, economic empowerment, parental engagement, nutrition and the chance to get outdoors, all rolled up in one mission that is spreading like wildflowers across San Francisco. A project that started out as a thesis a few years ago, is impacting the lives of thousands of young people and their families. This is one of the concepts that I am incorporating in my sustainable do over project for a design class I'm taking. I selected the exterior of my old high school, at this time, it is only a project, but I would love to see it become a reality. Principles of permaculture and a sense of place will play a key role in the campus design. I am working on my site plan today as the project presentation is scheduled for next week. I will be sure to post photos.

No comments: