Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Thrifty Journey Begins Online

Recently, I wrote a post titled The Reluctant Thrifter which examined my fear of thrift stores. Fortunately the Thrifty Chicks blog, acted as an online intervention of sorts and provided me with tools to overcome this fear. I have decided that my first venture (in many years) will be to a thrift store run by a charity that has benefited me and my family greatly in the last two years - The Gathering Place - a place for those touched by cancer. The good news is that their store was rated a 4.6 out of 5 by Thrifty Shopper, so I'm off to a good start already and I haven't even left home! My goal is to check it out this weekend armed with my Thrifty Chicks tips. I will be sure to post some photos and my observations (sounds like a science experiment). Hopefully it will be all good.

2 comments:

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

Hope your thrift store adventure went well! Don't forget about garage sales as well--I find lots of great clothes that way. And remember, anything can be cleaned. I pay so little for yard sale clothes that I just wash 'em, never do dry cleaning. There are great finds out there waiting for you!

Quiskaeya said...

Great minds think a like! I'd love to hear how the shopping went. This past weekend I bought a T.V. stand at a thrift store run by Christian organization for men who have battled drugs. It's a rehab program of sorts. I bought a lovely piece there and was very pleased.