Saturday, August 29, 2009

If I was an "urban gleaner", I would be all over the tremendous pear tree located behind the parking lot of this midtown building and above a large innerstate highway. I have parked under this tree for a couple of years and just noticed all of the perfect pears. There were hundreds of them, right in the middle of the city, in the most unexpected of places. I learned in the book "The Scavenger's Manifesto", that an urban gleaner is a person that seeks these specific types of urban harvesting opportunities in the city. If any gleaners are curious, this bodacious fruit find is located in the Taste Buds building parking lot on 30th and Superior. Taste Buds is a popular family run restaurant in this area that offers several vegetarian and vegan options and is going green. The owner is also an artist. I wonder if she knows about the pears?










No comments: