Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Cognitive Dissonance

Went to the grocery store to pick up a few items, so I took my reusable bag. Managed to buy more food than fit in the bag. This was the onslaught of plastic bags used to package the remaining goods. I obviously wasn't paying attention. As I loaded the bags I noticed that they were all double bagged and several bags only held two or three items. This was after I asked the cashier to put as much as she could in the canvas bag (which of course was only three quarters full). Would'nt logic tell you that if I'm using a reusable bag, I'm not wanting a lot of plastic bags. At least they are recyclable?
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

ElleX said...

When I was driving and that would happen, I would tell the bagger to put the items back in the cart then I would just load them into a box in the car.

Since I'm on the bus now, everything must fit in my re-useable bag. LOL

Sometimes, if its a few items, I just carry in my hands.