Saturday, July 11, 2009

This Week In The Garden: If I'm Really Lucky...




If I'm really lucky, after my daily after work yard tour, I get to enjoy a light snack and cup of hot tea (with a spring of mint from the garden) at my not so secret sitting spot in the front side yard. It sits directly behind this arbor that I planted with clematis vine and honeysuckle. "I am the true vine and my Father is the gardener." John 15:1-17. Everyone should have a sitting nook or area (for you men) outdoors, hopefully not too far from some jungle inspired lush vines.
The chairs were picked up from someones front yard on trash day and painted. The tablecloth is actually a repurposed sarong from World Market (thanks Grandma and Mom for teaching me about rethinking items). The oversize teacup is vintage. It is one of the items, I decided that I'm taking if I have to leave the house in an emergency! Frivolous, yes.

No comments: