If you are anything like me and are just too busy living to shop, you probably have about half of your Christmas/Chanukah, Kwanzaa, New Year's shopping completed with just three days to go. Ahh! The thrill of meeting a deadline! At least I do have a list and a pretty good idea of what I am going to give to my loved ones. Here are ten last minute budget friendly ideas for green gift giving:
- Green Starter Kit - Reusable bag ($.99 at grocers), stainless steel water bottle/coffee mug(bookstores, Starbucks), Brita or PUR water filter, soy candles (Target), cloth napkins
- Subscription to green living magazine - There is one to fit every type of personality and interest. Look for, BOHO, Green Guide, Natural Home, Positively Green, E/The Environmental Magazine and Body + Soul
- Vegan or Vegetarian Cookbook (Check out Amazon Green on this site) - I really love The Hippy Gourmet's Quick and Simple Cookbook for Healthy Eating.
- Movie Night Kit - Inconvenient Truth DVD, organic popcorn and fruit, ceramic bowl (you kind find this stuff at your local grocer!)
- Safe Cosmetics - Burt's Bees starter kit (Amazon Green, Borders Books or CVS drugstore)
- Green Cleaning Kit - Homemade cleaning products or full array of commercial green cleaning products and a coupon for one hour of your time to clean
- Coffee or Tea basket - Fair trade coffees, teas, chocolates, your favorite homemade cookies and a vintage coffee or tea cup (maybe two for sharing)
- Bundle of Love - Organic sheets, blanket and/or towels from JCPenney with soy candles and natural massage oils
- Wooden toys or Legos (BPA and Phthalate free) for the kids in your life
- Mental and Physical Flexibility - Purchase admission for two to a Yoga, Dance or Kickboxing class (It's fun to play at the Y-M-C-A!)
You can give these items in a cool reusable canvas bag or reused shopping bag from your favorite retailer. Use outdoor plant materials as decoration and cut up Christmas cards from last year to use as gift tags. I wrapped my bosses' gift using paper saved from staff meetings, a ribbon from another gift and a sprig of pine. Anyway, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!