Monday, March 30, 2009

Earthhour Video of Cities Going Dark

I spent my Earthhour in the garden, clearing leaves, sticks and acorns by soy candlelight (mango coconut). Last year I played Mancala with my son, but he chose to hang out with his buddies this year (humpf!). The good news is that they were outside and not inside with the XBox. I had a good time anyway, reconnecting with the land after a long cold winter and getting a little exercise. The weirdest thing that happened was that I had two "aliens" and one alien focused radio show follow me on Twitter. A little creepy, but different. Anyway, check out this video courtesy of the Boston Globe of international landmarks going dark. Its pretty powerful. Makes you want to visit these places. (Click on the photo to see the Earthhour transformation)

1 comment:

Ahmet Korkmaz said...

Good Day,

I am Viktor Korpashev, co-owner of the website agricultureguide.org and a green enthusiast.

We are trying to spread organic farming / gardening in order to create a more self-sufficient world by writing guides about these issues.

Our point is not to be as academic as possible, our belief is that too much information only scares the aspiring gardeners so we try to remain understandable while being accurate.

As of now, our website is really new but we're trying to upload content as much as we can, this is usually an article of about 400 words every 24 hours because of our situation as students.

I only as that you visit and take a look, tell us how to improve ourselves and perhaps if you're willing; give a link to us so we can get some recognition. Granted, we'll probably never be able to become as popular as some other websites on this subject, but I think we deserve a bit more traffic with the work we're putting into this.

I am looking forward to hearing your advice and impression for our humble beginning. I'm sure you won't miss the opportunity to help youngsters out.

http://www.agricultureguide.org
Please let us known by audience.

Sincerely