Saturday, March 28, 2009

You Grow Girl Presents: Starting a Community Garden



Our lovely First Lady Michelle Obama has inspired us all to get green and dirty by planting a victory garden on the grounds of the White House. Talk about eco-feminism! I have to pinch myself whenever I see that we have such an amazing woman co-leading our nation (behind every man....). Anyway, did you notice that how involved the community into her efforts? If you are interested in starting a community garden or working with one, check out this comprehensive post from my favorite gardening website You Grow Girl. I am going to work on a community garden at an organization in Cleveland that provides rehabilitation services for women. I will be sure to post as I dig in! Just remember gardens can be beautiful as well as functional, be sure to toss in some edible flower seeds into your communities plot. In some areas flowers are a rare site. "Flowers are words which even a babe may understand." Arthur Cleveland Coxe

No comments: