Thursday, February 7, 2008

Chocolate Fix

In my last post I wrote about blaxploitation in the chocolate industry and gave some recommendations on kinder gentler chocolates to try. Well, I haven't been able to stop thinking about chocolate since then. Today I made a special trip to the mega organic/healthy/fresh/delicious/friendly grocer, Whole Foods Market to pick up an Endangered Species candy bar (dark chocolate with cranberries and almonds). To my surprise, not only was I able to find a wide selection of fine organic and fair trade chocolates, but about a hundred singles looking for a sweet match. Apparently, Whole Foods took the whole grocery store pick up scene to a new level. The grocer sponsored a singles night, with free food samples, drinks, music and lots of atmosphere. People were everywhere and love (or lust) was in the air. My son and I got a kick out of reading the "love wanted ads" placed by participants that were on display. It seemed like a fun but low key way to meet or at least see people with similar interests (at least in healthy eating). Anyway, I was able to able to make a sweet connection with some delicious dark chocolate!

No comments: