Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Cool Green Stuff

On a lighter note, I am doing some redecorating of my living and dining room. I'm in the market for some cool green stuff. In the spirit of reducing the consumption of unnecessary goods, I have recycled, reused and repurposed as many items as possible. My rooms are crying for some love. There is now an opportunity to contribute to the green economy and explore some eco-sensitive and healthy products for my home. On the list- low voc paint, a coffee table, a few small but funky chairs, and a bureau. Fortunately, Domino Magazine, a publication dedicated to fashionable home decor, has designated the March issue to green living. The issue is packed with great design ideas, room by room product information and green living tips. Three eco-conscious homes from various lifestyles are featured- suburban, urban and rural. One caveat to this issue - you might have to take out a second mortgage to afford many of the items featured. To avoid additional debt, the plan is to keep costs low by shopping primarily at vintage, second hand and antiques stores. Craigslist is another option. (I don't have the time or patience to go to estate sales or garage sales). This approach will enable me to shop local, reuse other people's cool stuff and have a little fun with living a green life! I will keep you posted on my efforts.

No comments: