Need help going green? Want to help a friend or neighbor live a healthier and eco-friendly life? National Geographic is publishing a new quarterly magazine titled "Green Guide". A subscription is $15 a year or $25 for two years. It can also be found in the magazine section of most stores. Some of the articles I found to be useful in the inaugural issue:
- "Save $60 a week- and the planet" tips were timely and practical
- "Improving Indoor Air Quality" a must read for anyone suffering from allergies or asthma
- "Chalkley's Garage" a green garage makeover
- "Lose 142 pounds (of carbon) a week
- "Beauty Secrets" takes a closer look at a product's label to help you find healthy cosmetics
- "Cracking the Code" picking the best plastics for storing your food and drink
The Green Guide website complements the issue.